By Serge Abiteboul, Peter Buneman, Dan Suciu
Filenote: PDF is searchable photo ocr with front/back hide. Bookmarked TOC. PDF is 260 pages
Publish 12 months note: First released October twelfth 1999
The net is inflicting a revolution in how we characterize, retrieve, and strategy info Its development has given us a universally obtainable database yet within the kind of a principally unorganized selection of records. this is often altering, because of the simultaneous emergence of recent methods of representing facts: from in the internet neighborhood, XML; and from in the database group, semistructured information. The convergence of those techniques has rendered them approximately exact. Now, there's a concerted attempt to strengthen powerful innovations for retrieving and processing either varieties of data.
Data at the Web" is the one accomplished, updated exam of those speedily evolving retrieval and processing thoughts, that are of serious value for the majority net- and data-intensive organisations. This ebook bargains specific options to a variety of sensible difficulties whereas equipping you with a prepared figuring out of the elemental concerns together with facts versions, question languages, and schemas occupied with their layout, implementation, and optimization.
You'll locate it to be compelling examining, no matter if your curiosity is that of a practitioner focused on a database-driven internet firm or a researcher in desktop technology or similar field.
* presents an in-depth examine XML and different applied sciences for publishing based files at the Web.
* Examines lately constructed equipment for querying and updating based net records and semistructured info, together with XML-QL and XSL.
* seems deeper into the convergence of net and database ways to semistructured facts presentation and querying.
* info sensible examples of the way those innovations are already being utilized and the way they are going to be utilized in the close to future.
* Teaches sound thoughts for writing queries over internet info, describing unfastened schemas over partly established facts, and enforcing and optimizing queries on semistructured data."